Total Pageviews

Friday, March 26, 2010

Jan van Beers / Jef De Belder






It is really not clear wether if this is a Jan van Beers.
On the left I seemed to have discovered a kind of
signature so I decided to give this work a "working"
title: Jan van Beers. It is obvious that this work was
damaged but not on very tricky spots and then I
give it a try myself. The result is here below.


In order to make a restoration that is resistant to
all kinds of influences you have to give it a good
"ground"  I did this with Gesso and after that I
started to paint. It remains questionable if it
is not better to have it maroufled as the condition
of the canvas is not great. I think this work
to be more than 100 years old. Oil on canvas.
Dimensions: 40 / 55 cm.


Jef De Belder


A nice still life by this Antwerp (Belgium) artist that is known
for his flower paintings. De Belder lived from 1871 - 1927)
Besides the roses the cloth on the table has been done with
great craftsmanship. Oil on Canvas. Dimensions: 50 / 60 cm.


This was difficult to photograph but it is after some investigations spot on!


No comments: